Reflecting the combined expertise of the research field’s leading authorities, Designing Clinical Research, Fourth Edition is an indispensable tool for clinical research design in all its many variations—clinical trials, observational epidemiology, translational science, patient-oriented research, behavioral science and health services research.
This standard reference presents advanced epidemiologic concepts in a reader-friendly way and suggests common sense approaches to the challenging judgments involved in how to design, fund and implement a clinical trial.
You will find expanded content in every chapter with new material on:
• non-inferiority trials for comparative effectiveness research
• incidence-density case-control studies
• confounding and effect modification
• diagnostic test studies to inform prediction rules
• ethical aspects of whole genome sequencing
• automated data management approaches
• new NIH grant writing requirements
• full color treatment throughout
• access to teaching materials, new data